Cabrillo CollegeLocation: Aptos, CA 95003 Document ID: AB492-2VQK Posted on: 2018-06-1806/18/2018 Job Type: Regular
Adjunct Instructor - Accounting
Adjunct Instructor - Accounting
Closing Date/Time: 12/14/2018 11:59 PM Pacific
Salary: See Position Description
Job Type: Adjunct
Temporary, part-time faculty assignment(s) are available as follows:
- Master's degree in accountancy or business administration with accounting concentration OR
- Bachelor's degree in business with accounting emphasis OR business administration with accounting emphasis OR economics with an accounting emphasis AND Master's degree in business, business administration, business education, economics, taxation, or finance OR
- Bachelor's degree in accountancy or business administration with accounting concentration, with a CPA license OR
- Equivalent OR
- Possess a lifetime California Community College Instructor credential in subject area
- Currency and depth of knowledge in the applicable professional field.
- Knowledge of and commitment to teaching strategies and practices that enhance student success at community colleges, including effective use of technology.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well with students of diverse academic, ethnic, socioeconomic, and cultural backgrounds; gender identities, sexual orientations; and students with disabilities.
- Evidence of professional activities and service beyond the primary teaching assignment.
- Development and review of curriculum as well as including assessment of learning.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with others.
Equivalency to an academic degree shall include the same depth of knowledge in the discipline and breadth of general education that is required for the degree to meet the minimum qualifications. Equivalent preparation for employment shall be considered under any one category or any combination of the categories listed below:
- Degree in related field with equivalent course work in the required discipline as indicated by transcripts and/or thesis subject.
- Equivalent degrees from foreign universities (as determined by an agency selected by Cabrillo College).
- Course work at an accredited institution of higher education AND state-approved continuing education units applicable for maintaining licensure AND/OR an internship for licensure AND/OR equivalent professional or work experience AND/OR equivalent verifiable accomplishments of eminence in the discipline including but not limited to: publications, research, seminars, creative works, professional performances or exhibitions, honors or awards.
Please Note: To ensure an accurate evaluation of your application materials, please submit information regarding your education, experience, knowledge and abilities as they relate to the minimum qualifications. When filling out the online application, it is important that you fill out all sections completely. Do not leave blank spaces noting "see resume". When adding attachments, please redact ALL of the following items which appear on any attachment before you submit it: social security number, birth date, age, gender, birth place and personal photos.
$1,185 - $1,818 per teaching unit, per semester, depending on education and experience. Cabrillo College provides a doctoral stipend of $79 per unit for eligible adjunct faculty. Assignments may be at various campus locations; days, evenings, and/or weekends; hours to be arranged.
EACH APPLICANT MUST SUBMIT:
- Completed and signed online Cabrillo College application.
- Job-related resume.
- At least one (1) recent letter of recommendation that addresses the candidate's teaching ability.
- Verification of educational qualifications (Foreign transcripts must be translated to determine equivalency to U.S. standards. Any fee for such translations is paid by the applicant):
- Transcripts from all colleges attended (unofficial transcripts, copies and downloads are acceptable). If selected, it is the responsibility of the candidate to provide official transcripts, diplomas, degrees or other documents as may be required. OR
- Copy of lifetime California Community College Instructor credential in subject area, front and back (if applicable). OR
- Supplemental Application for Equivalency Determination (Download PDF reader). (This is only necessary if candidate does not possess and submit proof of specified degrees listed in minimum qualifications or possess and submit copy of a valid lifetime credential).
Please notify Human Resources if you require any special accommodation(s) in meeting these requirements.
A search committee will review application materials. On the basis of appraisal of qualifications as documented by application materials submitted, the search committee will invite applicants for interview (a teaching demonstration may be part of the interview). If the candidate does NOT possess an applicable community college credential or the specific degree(s) in order to meet state minimum qualifications, then he/she MUST provide evidence of equivalency as described under "Equivalency Requirements."
Candidates selected for employment with Cabrillo College must agree to be fingerprinted and cleared, provide current tuberculosis test results, provide proof of eligibility for employment in the United States and present their Social Security card upon hire.
Cabrillo College seeks applications from all qualified individuals. It is the continuing goal of Cabrillo College to hire and retain staff that reflect the rich diversity and cultural heritage of the college district and its student body.
Initial eligibility for a District-paid benefit stipend for medical and dental insurance is established at the end of two (2) consecutive academic years, including work done as a temporary contract or emergency hire, during which the member worked 15 or more teaching units in the academic year; summer sessions preceding the academic year, fall, winter and spring of the academic year. At the end of this two-year period, the unit member is eligible for benefits the following academic year. Once initial eligibility has been established, an adjunct unit member maintains eligibility for the district-paid benefits stipend if the unit member works 12 or more teaching units each year.
To apply, please visit: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/cabrilloedu
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency