This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Arizona State UniversityLocation: Phoenix, AZ 85004 Document ID: AB336-5Q5P Posted on: 2017-08-2808/28/2017 Job Type: Regular
Assistant/Associate Professors Arizona State Univ.
The School of Criminology and Criminal Justice invites applications for (2) tenure-track faculty at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor; positions to begin in the fall of 2018. We encourage applicants from all culturally diverse populations to apply.
About the School
The College of Public Service and Community Solutions’ SCCJ is a nationally recognized leader in higher education and is highly regarded for its distinguished faculty and research productivity. We are a community of scholar-educators committed to having a racially and culturally diverse faculty and student body. The SCCJ offers undergraduate, masters, and doctoral degrees, as well as several certificate programs. The SCCJ is conveniently located on the ASU Downtown Phoenix campus in the heart of the sixth largest city in the United States. We also offer our undergraduate degree on ASU’s campuses in Tempe and Glendale, AZ. In addition, the SCCJ offers upper-division courses in Yuma and Lake Havasu City, AZ, which are designed to allow students who already hold an associate’s degree to complete the Bachelor of Science degree by taking in-person classes. And SCCJ proudly offers its Bachelor of Science and Master of Arts degrees online, allowing students from around the globe to earn highly-valued degrees from one of the leading criminology and criminal justice programs in the world. For more information about the SCCJ’s opportunities for research, instruction, practice, student internship experience, and community-based service learning opportunities, please visit our web site at http://ccj.asu.edu.
The specific responsibilities of the position include the following:
- teaching undergraduate and graduate courses in the School of Criminology and Criminal Justice;
- conducting research and publishing scholarship related to either (1) corrections, reentry, and recidivism reduction, or (2) juvenile delinquency and juvenile justice;
- seeking external funding to support scholarly research;
- engaging in service within Arizona State University at the school, college, and university levels;
- providing service to the community and the profession;
- participating in curriculum development, program planning, and student advisement; and
- collaborating with criminal justice agencies on evaluation research and technical assistance projects.
Successful applicants must demonstrate the ability to contribute to the mission of the School and College through teaching, research, and service. In addition, the following qualifications are required:
- A Ph.D. in criminology, criminal justice, or a related field from a regionally-accredited university;
- A specialization either in (1) corrections, broadly defined to include both those living and working in institutional and community correctional settings, as well as reentry, reintegration, and recidivism reduction; or (2) juvenile delinquency and juvenile justice;
- For Assistant Professor candidates, a strong record of (or strong evidence of the promise of) scholarly research and publications; for Associate Professor candidates, a distinguished record of scholarly research and publication commensurate with rank; and
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness.
A record of externally-funded research with federal and state agencies relevant to the candidate’s area(s) of expertise. We also seek to enhance the racial and cultural diversity of our faculty.
The first deadline will be October 13, 2017, 5:00p.m. MST; and every week thereafter until the search is closed.
Only electronic applications will be reviewed. Applicants are asked to upload the following as a single document in Adobe PDF formats: (1) a letter of application, (2) a curriculum vitae, (3) the names of three references with complete contact information (mailing address, phone number, and email), and (4) a writing sample. Upload application as one combined document to https://publicservice.asu.edu/content/jobs
The School actively seeks and supports a diverse workforce. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. A background check is required prior to employment.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by law. For complete statements on ASU’s non-discrimination policies, please refer to: http://www.asu.edu/aad/manuals/acd/acd401.html and https://www.asu.edu/titleIX/
ASU offers applicants an opportunity to voluntarily self-disclose information for the University affirmative action plan; applicants may complete an EEO survey for the position they are applying for online. Information you will need to complete the survey: Job Number: 12086. Job Title: Assistant Professor or Associate Professor. Department Name: School of Criminology & Criminal Justice.