This job posting is no longer active on Diverse Jobs and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your Diverse Jobs account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Arkansas Tech UniversityLocation: Russellville, AR 72801 Document ID: AB300-58Q9 Posted on: 2017-07-3107/31/2017 Job Type: Regular
|Salary: $45000 -- $65000|
Asst./Assoc. Dean for Diversity & Inclusion
Assistant/Associate Dean for Diversity and Inclusion
The Division of Student Services is seeking candidates for the position of Assistant/Associate Dean for Diversity and Inclusion. This is a full-time, non-tenure track, 12-month position.
About Arkansas Tech University: Founded in 1909, Arkansas Tech is a state supported liberal arts institution, maintaining regional accreditation from the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and classification as a Southern Regional Education Board (SREB) level III institution. It is the third-largest in the state with an enrollment close to 12,000 students. The Russellville campus, located in the scenic Arkansas River Valley between the Ozark and Ouachita Mountains, is just one hour from the capital city of Little Rock and boasts a charming blend of historic and modern architecture, including beautiful grounds and greenery. Offering over 100 undergraduate and more than 25 graduate degree programs across seven academic colleges and two campuses, Arkansas Tech strives to provide a solid educational foundation for life-long learning to a diverse community. For more information about Arkansas Tech University and the surrounding community, please visit our website at www.atu.edu/hr to find our “Live Here” informational resources.
About the Position: This full-time professional staff member will work closely with students and professional colleagues to develop, implement, and track initiatives in areas of student retention, involvement, leadership, and support services as it relates to students from underrepresented populations. The successful candidate will be charged with creating and developing pre-orientation programs, summer bridge programs, and mentoring programs for underrepresented student populations. This staff member will be expected to engage in active outreach to specific populations to connect students with campus-wide support services.
• Collaborate with students, faculty, and staff to foster an environment and a culture that celebrates inclusiveness and multiculturalism
• Research, develop, and implement specialized retention and support driven initiatives geared toward increasing graduation rates among students from underrepresented populations, specifically pre-orientation programs, summer bridge programs, mentoring programs, etc.
• Partner with existing Student Success programs including retention initiatives, mentoring, tutoring services, and career exploration and placement to increase the visibility of services for underrepresented populations
• Serve as an advocate, resource, and support for underrepresented students
• Serve as a supportive liaison and educational resource to students, faculty, and staff on issues related to diversity and inclusion
• Assist in the planning of annual cultural celebration events
• Collaborate with Campus Life staff to engage underrepresented populations with existing programs including the co-curricular experience, leadership and service programs, Greek Life, student activities, and New Student Orientation
• Participate in the Bridge to Excellence undergraduate retention program as a mentor to new incoming freshmen students and assist with efforts to develop additional mentoring programs specifically designed for underrepresented populations
• Represent and serve on departmental, division, and university-wide committees as necessary
• Other duties as assigned
• Master’s degree in higher education, college student personnel, student affairs, multiculturalism, or related areas
• Three years of professional experience in higher education
• Cultural competency and knowledge of issues related to multiculturalism, diversity, and inclusion
• Work experience in the field of diversity, inclusion, or multiculturalism in higher education, including specific experience working with college students in a higher education setting from underrepresented and culturally diverse backgrounds
• Direct experience with student success initiatives in support of retention through peer-mentoring programs, summer bridge programs, tutoring, etc.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including experience leading or facilitating presentations
• Ability to self-start and be innovative, providing ideas grounded in research
• Dedication to creating a collaborative and creative work environment
• Budget management experience
• Ability to manage multiple projects
• Detail oriented, organized, and the ability to prioritize
Compensation: Salary range is $45,000-$65,000 commensurate with experience and qualifications, plus full benefit package including excellent health insurance, vacation, and retirement package.
What to submit: Please include a letter outlining your qualifications, a resume, and contact information for at least three professional references
To be considered for the position of Assistant/Associate Dean for Diversity and Inclusion, all applications and materials must be received and processed through our applicant tracking system Cornerstone prior to the closing date of August 14, 2017. Please go to https://atu.csod.com/ats/careersite/search.aspx?site=1&c=atu to apply. Anticipated employment start date is October 2, 2017.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Arkansas Tech University is an AA/EOE employer committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.